The objective of CARDIS is to investigate and demonstrate the concept of a mobile, low-cost device based on a silicon photonics integrated laser vibrometer and validate the concept for the screening of arterial stiffness, detection of stenosis and heart failure.
The objective will be met by:
- Investigate, design and fabricate optical subsystems and components;
- Integrate the subsystems and build a multi-beam interferometric laser vibrometer;
- Develop a process flow scalable to high volumes for all sub-systems and their integration steps;
- Investigate and develop the biomechanical model to translate optical signals related to skin-level vibrations into underlying CVD physiological events;
- Validate the system in a clinical setting.